Effective Date: March 15th, 2021
Date Last Updated: March 15th, 2021
When you elect to use our service, you are trusting us with your personal information. DTIS is committed to living up to this trust by working diligently to protect your data. This policy outlines the data that we collect, as well as how it is used and shared. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, and services unless covered by a separate privacy notice.
DTIS collects the following data:
· User-Provided Data, i.e., data entered during the account registration process
· Automatically Collected Information, i.e., data created during the use of our service, such as app usage and location data
How this data is collected:
· User-Provided Data
Registering for an account with us is mandatory to be able to use any features of the application.
When you complete the registration process, you wilHhl need to provide your name, email address, and, optionally, your telephone number.
When you are using the application, we ask you to provide us with details regarding the vehicle you are driving. The information we require includes license plate number, State of registration, make, model, model year, vehicle capacity, VIN (last 6), type (Sedan, Truck, SUV, Crossover, Other), and color. We also track whether the vehicle is wheelchair accessible or rated as a clean fuel vehicle.
· Automatically Collected Data
Device Data: The application automatically collects information, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your device's unique id, the IP address of your device, your operating system, and information about the way you use the application.
Usage Data: We also collect data regarding how users interact with our applications. This data includes the date and time you accessed our application, the features or pages you used, and data relating to app crashes and other system activity.
Location Data: Additionally, we collect precise or approximate location data from your device (if you enable us to do so) from the time you open until you close the application. We use this data to enhance your use of our apps, including enabling you to join a dispatch queue, provide you with timely notice to drive to the dispatch area, offer you accurate turn-by-turn directions, and prevent and detect fraud.
Use of Data Collected
We use the data we collect from you to:
· To enable interactions between you and us, such as to process account creation and registrations; register and administer your account; provide you with services and support your interactions with us; diagnose, repair and track service and quality issues; provide requested product information; communicate with you about your account or our data practices; install and configure changes and updates to programs and technologies related to interactions with us; authenticate those who interact with us; or to respond to your requests, complaints, and inquiries.
· For our internal business purposes, such as to evaluate or audit the usage and performance of programs and technologies related to interactions with us; evaluate and improve the quality of your interactions with us and programs and technologies related to interactions with us; design new services; process and catalogue your responses to surveys or questionnaires; perform internal research for technological development and demonstration; conduct data analysis and testing; maintain proper business records and other relevant records.
· For Customer Support, such as to provide customer service activities (including using recordings of customer support calls with notice and the user's consent). These activities include ensuring the question gets routed to the correct customer service team, investigating and resolving the reported issue, and monitoring and improving internal customer support processes.
· For legal, safety, or security reasons, such as to comply with legal requirements; protect our safety, our property or rights of those who interact with us, or others; and detect, prevent, and respond to security incidents or other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
· Marketing. We may use the data that we collect to market to our users, including sending communications about services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events. We may also use this information to send our users communications about our partners' products and services.
· Non-marketing Communications. We may use the data we collect to inform users of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications not intended to market services or products.
· In a de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated format. When converted to a de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated format, data no longer constitutes Personal Information in certain jurisdictions, and we may use this information for any purpose as legally permissible.
· For any other purposes for which you provide consent.
Sharing of Information Collected
We may share your personal information with the categories of recipients described below:
· With QStartr customers: We will share your information with these parties so they can enforce provisions of transportation operating agreements and permits and local laws.
· Affiliates and subsidiaries. We may share your Personal Information within our group of companies, including parents, corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, business units, and other companies that share common ownership for the purposes described above.
· Third-party service providers: We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers working on our behalf to facilitate our interactions with you or request or support our relationship with you, such as hosting service providers, IT providers, operating systems and platforms, internet service providers, analytics companies, and marketing providers (e.g., we may share your email address with our outbound email marketing provider). We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including identity verification, email distribution, market research, promotions management, and payment processing. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected.
· In connection with a corporate transaction: If we sell some or all of our assets, merge, or are acquired by another entity, including through a sale or in connection with a bankruptcy, we will share your Personal Information with that entity.
· With your consent: We may share your Personal Information with other third parties with your consent.
Security and Retention
We maintain reasonable security procedures and technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, disclosure, alteration, or use.
We will retain your Personal Information for no longer than is necessary to enable you to use the Application, unless we need to keep your information to comply with applicable legal, regulatory, or other obligations, or the information is required for business reasons (such as to resolve disputes, provide service and enforce agreements). In any event, we will retain your data for the period stated in our retention schedule, at which point DTIS will take steps to securely and permanently dispose of your Personal Information according to applicable laws and regulations.
Interactions with us are intended for individuals 16 years of age and older. Our services are not directed at, marketed to, nor intended for, children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any information, including Personal Information, from children under 16 years of age. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us at the address below. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child's information from our databases. In all cases where we may inadvertently be provided with Personal Information relating to children, the information in the relevant parts of this Notice applies to children, as well as adults.
Contact Info/Your Choices
· Electronic Mail: email@example.com
· Regular Mail: 601 Madison Street, Suite 200 Alexandria, VA 22314
To opt-out of receiving promotional email messages from us, please click on the "Unsubscribe" link located at the bottom of each email or by contacting us using the information above.
We may occasionally update this policy. Continued use of our service constitutes consent to the revised policy.
Copyright © 2021 DTIS - All Rights Reserved.